Checkpoint Alpha - morning checkin 4-27

 

Day 1

Summary

Overall, I would give the day a passing grade. Increased my activity level, I made a meal plan, and I stuck with it, and I fought the urges to do some late night snacking (which is where I generally consume the largest amount of calories.

I was listening to this talk on addiction where they said lapses in judgement usually occur when you're on "BLAST"
  • Bored
  • Lonely
  • Angry
  • Stressed
  • Tired
I make a lot of bad eating choices when I'm Bored or Tired. So, making the choice to go to bed last night earlier than usual helped me not ruin the gains that I made that day. The choice to "get naked" put my close on the other side of the room, helped my not raid the kitchen.

I called the Checkpoint Alpha, because you have to start somewhere.

I particularly like this graphic because it says "High-Theft Solutions" - getting past the first point is the hardest. 

Starting is the hardest. Failing to start steals form your future. It robs you from becoming the best that you can be. 

But... once you get past the starting point... it makes it easier to get to the next one.

My goal is not to become weary....

Now... to go make a bag of vegetables...


Comments

Popular Posts