The things you learn - mid-day 4 - 27

 

One of my diet strategies is to eat a bag of frozen vegetables. It's a great way to get my vegetables in, add some dietary fiber, add some macro-nutrients, and much needed vitamins.

Today, I learned that eating 5 cups of spinach might not be a good idea.

Although it is safe for most people to eat a bowl of spinach per day, people should be careful while eating excessive spinach every day. There are no side effects of eating spinach every day if consumed in limited quantities.

  • Metabolization: Eating too much spinach may lead to an excessive buildup of gasbloating, and cramps because our body needs some time to digest the excessive load of spinach and cannot metabolize it all at once. Spinach is high in fiber and takes time to get digested, which may further lead to diarrheaabdominal pain, and sometimes fever. Spinach is a good source of iron, but sometimes, because of the high fiber content and its excessive consumption, the body is not able to absorb the plant-based iron we have ingested.
  •  (Full article: Is eating spinach every day good for you? )

    So, 2 hours later, I feel like I'm very gaseous... but on the positive side, it smells like very sweet spinach and is not stinky at all.

    Tomato gas is the worst... My guess is that I cannot really digest night shades. When I leave the room and come back, tomato gas lingers.

    The spinach gas dissipates.

    That... is my over-share of the day, and the moment that I'm really glad that I have chosen not to share this blog with anyone!

    Comments

    Popular Posts